Cornell College Summer Flute & Clarinet Camp
June 22nd - 25th, 2020
Enhance your performance skills through intensive study with our distinguished faculty of performers and college professors. Students entering college or entering high school grades 8-12 grade in fall 2020 are invited to Cornell College’s Summer Flute & Clarinet Camp. The program includes:
• Individual lessons
• Daily lunch and Thursday evening dinner
• Daily master classes focused on solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts
• Music theory workshop
• Assistance with audition preparation (e.g. All-State)
• Faculty and guest artist recitals
• Flute choir, clarinet choir, and combined orchestra ensembles
• Final student recital in Cornell’s stunning Kimmel Theatre
• Free digital photographs taken throughout the camp and a link to the final recital video
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
• 9 – 10:00 a.m. Warm up and technique class
• 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Flute masterclass/Clarinet choir rehearsal
• 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Clarinet masterclass/Flute choir rehearsal
• 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
• 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Rotating classes *
• 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Rehearsals and Rotating classes*
• 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Combined flute and clarinet choir rehearsal
The 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. classes will rotate daily and include music theory, auxiliary instruments (piccolo, alto, bass, and contrabass flutes and Eb clarinet, bass, and contrabass clarinet), instrumental music career, audition preparation, and performance anxiety.
The final recital will be held at 7:00 p.m. on June 25 and is free-of-charge and open to the public.
If you would like additional information, please contact Julie Barnes, Director of Summer Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319.895.4350.